How to define my undefined 3c frizzy hair?

zoieeezoieee Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Im a 14 year old girl and i am kinda new to natural (5 months) and i’ve been straightening my hair for 2 1/2 years(no perm). I have 3c hair but it’s extremely undefined and frizzy. Since i have high prositity hair it is extremely dry and can never keep moisture. My hair in the shower is so beautiful and curly but when it’s dry it’s SO big and poofy and totally undefined. When i try to define it(gel or curling jellys) it just becomes a stringy curl and each curl is separated and not clumped like all the other girls.

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,527Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  How are you caring for your hair now?  And what products do you use?  We can give you better suggestions if we know that.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • AnneCuthersAnneCuthers Posts: 35Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have high porosity too. Use a moisturizing shampoo and deep condition every week for at least 30 minutes. Consistently deep conditioning will bring out your natural curl pattern over time. Rinse out your deep conditioner and style on soaking wet hair for maximum definition. I personally don't because I get more moisture on damp hair that I spray as I go, but soaking wet styling works for a lot of people. I take small sections, spray with water, detangle with a brush then work in my leave in. SMOOTH and work in your leave in and make sure your hair is moisturized before raking your fingers through the section. Then after that I apply my oil and gel  from root to tip and my hair is defined. This is the video that I copied her technique to get my best wash and go:

Type 4 hair
    High porosity
    Medium density
    Medium strand thickness

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file