PLEASE HELP!!

nes2001nes2001 Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited August 8 in Hair Type 3
Hi, I am having a huge dilemma right now. I was born with ringlet curls, but when I was little I remember using my mothers sulfate and silicone heavy shampoo/ conditioner every day, and my hair was wavy but extremely frizzy. Then for about 5 years straight I bleached my hair multiple times, straightened the hell out of it, but recently dyed the bleached part back to my natural color (naturtint & my roots and about 3-4 inches are virgin), cut like 8 inches off, and decided to completely stop dyeing it. BTW, my baby hairs have remained ringlet curls that were immune to my straightener.

Currently, I have 2a hair on the back of my head, 2b maybe c hair on the sides, but around my face I have 3b ish little curls that look like my baby hairs except it's real chunks of hair if that makes sense. The back is straight sometimes and looks nothing like the front. I started going completely CG a few weeks ago, and my hair has gotten slightly wavier, but heres my problem: a few hours after my hair is completely dry, my wavy hair has little curly/ringlet shaped flyaways and fuzz everywhere. My hair is straight and wavy ish except for around my face, but then I have this 3b looking curly frizziness all over my head. I use all CG safe products (read ingredients in depth and do research), I've done an acv rinse, I deep conditioned my hair, I scrunch, I use wave enhancing products, dont brush only comb, clarify once every week and a half, etc. Maybe a gel would work? Am I scrunching too much? I'm not sure at this point. My hair is very S-wavy and I couldn't imagine that they could turn into the shape of these very curly frizzies all over my head, but my hair is literally 3b in the front? I can't help but think my hair may be curly, but I've tried many things w no improvement. I've also tested products with the most curl-enhancing ingredients I could find, with no success.

Also, I tried an aphogee treatment but it made my hair very straightish and extremely poofy, so I tried deep conditioning. Could I be protein sensitive? But then again my hair should be porous from dye? Would Olaplex work? MSM?

Sorry for the lengthy post and many questions. I've tried every basic thing I could find on this site, so ANY in depth or specific suggestions/ products would be very very much appreciated, as school is about to start and my hair is stressing me out.

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,142Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!

Can you tell us your routine, and the specific products you're using now?  It will help us make suggestions for you if we know what you're doing now.

I would say yes to the olaplex.  I've heard wonderful things about it, and your situation sounds ideal for it.  And I would say no to the protein sensitivity, based on that one experience.  Maybe your hair is just sensitive to Aphogee, or to some specific ingredient in it, or maybe the winds were blowing wrong...who knows.  But don't cut out proteins based on one incident. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I too had given up on protein but now I realize the trick with protein is to follow it up with moisture.  I guess I’m saying don’t dismiss it yet.  I always follow a protein treatment with a moisture treatment now.  It has made a difference.
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,496Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome, @nes2001!  Glad you've joined us. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file