Finally sticking with it

hmr1016hmr1016 Registered Users Posts: 66 Curl Connoisseur
I've tried three or so times to quit shampoo, follow the CG Method, quit color and heat, etc. I really want to make it stick this time. My previous attempt at curl care was about three months before I fell into the bad habit of using terry cloth towels and heat tools on my hair again. I'm in a current streak of one and a half months and am having really great results and a major confidence boost. My head has everything from 2A to 2C and even a clump or two of 3A underneath which can be difficult to manage. The damage I'm dealing with is from heat, years of permanent hair dyes, and a bad habit of over manipulating and picking at my hair. Even with damage, caring for my hair type properly has given me a ton of great hair days! I think the best hair lesson I've learned is the use of leave in conditioner. I always thought using leave in would make my hair greasy, but keeping my hair moisturized seems to really help to balance out my scalp's oil production. I'm pretty happy with my routine, but would love any tips on managing multiple patterns on one head in the beginning phase of wave and curl care.
Current 2B/2C Routine:
Cleanse -  NYM Curl Talk Shampoo or NYM Clean Freak Cleansing Conditioner
Condition - Elucence Moisure Balance Conditioner
Treatments - Olaplex (step 3) or Elucence Moisture Repair Treatment
Style -  Briogeo Rosarco Milk Leave In + AG Re:Coil

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  I'm so glad you're having success!  We all have multiple curl types on our head.  I think the only thing you can do is just treat it the best you can, and love it for what it is!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  Keep in mind that CG doesn't work for everyone!  You can take good care of your hair and make it pretty without CG. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file