Did I do Henna Gloss treatment correctly/efficiently?

blackhairhereblackhairhere Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hello everyone! So I wanted to try henna solely for strength I didnt really care about the coloring. I decided to try a henna gloss however,I'm not sure I did it correctly. Here was my process. I mixed my powders together in a small bowl with aloe juice (2 1/2 tbsp of henna, 1tsp of amla, 1tsp of maca) until it was a pasty, soup like consistency. I immediately put it in the refrigerator over night. The next morning I added my deep conditioner(I added however much I felt I needed for one use) mixed it up and then put it back into the refrigerator. Then I took it out and let it sit on my counter for a few hours before using it. After washing my hair I patted it until it was damp and I applied the henna gloss and let it sit under a shower cap for an hour. I then rinsed my hair with luke warm water. I expected my hair to be dry and straw like because of the strengthening nature of henna but my hair felt really nice and fairly conditioned. I'm worried that i may have done something wrong, like did putting it in the refrigerator affect the dye release? And how long should I have kept it on? 

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,141Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry, I don't know anything about henna.  But it's been a couple days now - how does your hair feel?  Do you feel like there's any improvement?
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file