Do I have product buildup???

CurlyheadAriCurlyheadAri Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi, so about a day ago I decided to deep condition my hair with a  treatment masque , from shea moisture. I left the mask in for about 3 hours before washing it out. I have medium 3b hair so it is on the finer-thiner side. After washing the treatment out, my hair felt soggy and clumped together. I ignored it and the next morning my hair felt very greasy so I just rinsed it and detangled it in the shower without any shampoo or conditioner.  I noticed when my hair dried that my curl pattern was almost gone and my my hair felt dry and weighed down. My hair recently started getting healthy again and I am  freaking  out because I do not know what is wrong with my hair. Someone please help ! :)

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Everyone seems to have different symptoms of product build up. It never hurts to occasionally clarify with a sulfate and follow up with a deep conditioner. Try it and see if that helps with the grease and being weighed down.
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 815Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I also have fine hair and that sounds like my hair when I have build up.

Many fine haired curlies are not huge fans of Shea Moisture Products, because of the buildup issue.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • CurlyLiliCurlyLili Posts: 49Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Was the treatment you used protein heavy? The symptoms sound like you may have protein overload.
    Type: 3a/3b
    Texture: fine
    Density: thick
    Porosity: medium/high
    Sensitivity to protein: no

Cleanse: SM 100% Virgin coconut daily hydration, Manuka honey & Mafura oil, DC Low-poo, Build up buster, As I Am Coconut cowash
    DT: DC Melt into moisture, SM Manuka honey & Mafura oil, occasional fermented rice water
    Condition: DC One Condition and One Condition Decadence
    Leave-in: Aunt Jackie's Quench, Soultanicals Aqua Mane
    Style: Mop Top curly custard, DC UDG, Curl Keeper Original
    Refresher: diluted conditioner in a spritz bottle

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file