Hi!! Newbie needing help! :)

wilkoj123wilkoj123 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
Hi everyone :) I'm excited to have found this forum - I heard about the CG method a few weeks ago and have been researching ever since but no idea where to start!! 

So... a few pictures of my hair. Picture 1 is my hair about 6 years ago when it was much curlier but still quite frizzy (I am the one on the left). The second picture is of me a few weeks ago at my graduation from the back, I was really annoyed about how it looked but that is completely natural. Pictures 3 and 4 are my hair tonight, straight after washing it.

At the moment I just shampoo and condition, don't use any product and don't use any heat tools like a hairdryer or straighteners.
I would say that my hair is about a 2B but have no idea really, would love some opinions on this?

I'd love to hear how to start off! I'm getting confused about the stages and how often to co-wash / low-poo and use a leave-in conditioner etc etc. Really I just have no idea what to do! Haha. I'd also love to see some before and after pics if anyone has any :)

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!!

Jade x

Answers

• klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Registered Users Posts: 183 Curl Connoisseur
    Hi, and welcome!

How to begin? Just jump right in! :)
    Honestly with so much info out there about the CG method it makes it seem more complicated than it really is. If the shampoo you usually use has sulfates, it may take a while for your hair to settle into the change in routine, like a week to even a month. 

In the beginning, I suggest just sticking to your normal frequency, just replace your shampoo with co-wash, and make sure the conditioner you use is free of any ingredients that are not water soluble. From there, just see how your hair feels and adjust as you go along!

3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I would always use leave in if your hair is dry. I use a sulfate free shampoo once a week followed by a deep conditioner. In between, I cowash and just use a rinse out. Start out simple. See what you like and don’t like. You can even use a gel to style with after a leave in. The curly girl handbook is a great place to start as it keeps simple and easy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file