Jojoba oil = the real 2-in-1

Daisy ZaiaDaisy Zaia Posts: 14Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
After shaving my head I wanted to find CG friendly products that were natural, and I decided to try Jojoba Oil last night. I read that it is used in shampoo and conditioner to cleanse the scalp of sebum and dead skin, and also moisturize the hair - basically the jobs of both shampoo and conditioner but without all the bonus silicones, parabens, sulfates, and unnessecary carcinogenic dyes. I have been a no-poo kind of person for a while but the scalp buildup was a problem I hadn't figured out yet. Last night I sprayed my hair with water and rubbed the oil into my hair and scalp and left it on for a few hours before rinsing it out in the shower. My scalp is very clean today - I can scratch my head with no buildup (yuck lol)  and my hair is super shiny and soft as if I had just shampooed and conditioned it in a salon or something. My hair is only a few inches long, so I don't know how well it would work with other people, but I am amazed and will continue to use it in place of shampoo and conditioner for awhile. My friend whose hair is a similar length did the same thing but with coconut oil and had the same results. (But I used coconut oil on my baby's butt so he would never get diaper rash when he was little, so coconut oil smell forever reminds me of baby diaper lol can't use it anymore, and I wasn't too fond of coconut smelling things to begin with lol ) What are your experiences with Jojoba oil as a curly girl ? (: My hair isn't long enough to be curly again yet, and I've never cared for it as if it was curly because I didn't realize it. 

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,662Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Ha!  Love your story about coconut oil! Hilarious. 
    One thing to note.... I think oils can build up, too, so be careful. 
    Here's more info about jojoba oil... in case you are interested. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Daisy ZaiaDaisy Zaia Posts: 14Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thanks so much for the article Gretchen :) !!  I really appreciate it & I am definitely going to keep record of how my hair feels and see how it does since I have only used this method once  - I am thinking a once a week treatment might be a good start to keeping my scalp fresh and clean but we will see (: 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,662Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Hi @Daisy Zaia .... wondering if you have an update for us? How's your scalp feeling these days? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file