First DevaCut!

themrs007themrs007 Posts: 12Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi, all!

I’m headed in for my first ever DevaCut next week, and I’m a little nervous. I’ve seen and heard great things, so I am also excited and I want to go in and get shaped up with plenty of time to let my hair grow out before my maternity pictures in a few months in case my new stylist doesn’t work out. My concern is that I’m so new to the CG method that if I let my hair air dry without product, I’m worried my wave pattern won’t show. I have a mix of 2a/2b (getting closer to more 2b lately), but before I started the method my hair would be wavy only until it finished drying. I plan to test my next wash day to see if there has been any improvement, but in case there hasn’t, I’m looking for some reassurance. 

Any other wavies have a similar experience? Was the stylist still able to uncover your curl potential?

BONUS: any ladies in the KC area that can comment on Salon Halo??
2a/b hair that just started it’s journey. High porosity, medium thickness and density.

Low Poo: Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
Rinse Out: DevaCurl One Condition Original
Deep Condish: Biotera 3-Min Balm
Leave In: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Curling Gel Soufflé, DevaCurl Arc AnGEL

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Do you use gel? That tends to hold the pattern while dry. I like your username.
  • themrs007themrs007 Posts: 12Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    @BrittanyM thank you!

I use DC Arc Angel after both Shea Moisture Curl Custard and Soufflé. I’ve been trying to get all the hold I can while my hair adapts back to its natural pattern. I figured “natural state” meant product free. Think I can get away with the gel?
    2a/b hair that just started it’s journey. High porosity, medium thickness and density.

Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Curling Gel Soufflé, DevaCurl Arc AnGEL
    I consider my hair unaltered by heat or a perm to be my natural state. There's no shame in product usage. Curly hair needs hydration so conditioner is always a must. Why not styling products too.
  • DrpjfitzDrpjfitz Posts: 71Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @themrs007 How did your DevaCut go??
    3A fine, normal porosity
    No specific products as of yet—still trying to figure out what works for my hair 
    @Drpjfitz really well! We did some highlights too because the jet black in my hair was just too harsh. Waves seem more defined, but idk if it’s the cut, the highlights creating more depth, or that I’ve officially hit 1 month on CG. 

Here’s the “after.” Waves definitely start higher than before! 

• DrpjfitzDrpjfitz Posts: 71Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @themrs007. Your hair looks beautiful!
    3A fine, normal porosity
    No specific products as of yet—still trying to figure out what works for my hair 
    Wow! Great cut!
    @Drpjfitz @BrittanyM Thanks, ladies!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file