Hair help!

CurlyBroCurlyBro Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
edited July 2018 in Curly Men
Hey guys,

I'm so glad I found this website!!

I started my natural hair journey a few months ago and its becoming stressful. I don't even think I'm doing it right. I've looked at countless videos but without knowing my hairtype I don't know what I'm doing more or less.
I've been using OGX nourishing+cocunut milk, Shea Moisture Dandruff Control Conditioner, Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Deep Conditioner and Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner.

I have been using these products for the last few months. I deep condition once a week, condition every other day, and use the leave in on those days as well. 
This is what my hair looks like now:

& these are the goals I'm trying to meet: 

Am I doing something wrong? Help?!?
Or am I on a good track?
Help?!

& is there anything I'm not doing that I should be? Anyone know my hair type?
Any tips!

Anything is appreciated!

- A Newcomer to the Journey

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  Your hair is looking good.  I don't know if you'll ever have hair like those other guys - we all have different, and very individual, curl patterns.  But if you want that style, you'll need to let the top grow longer and then get the back and sides shorter and higher.

The OGX is probably not CG friendly (if you're following the CG method).  Otherwise your products are good.  You might want to try a gel after the leave in.  Gels will give you hold, to keep your curls intact throughout the day.  It will dry hard and crunchy - but that's ok.  Once your hair is 100% dry, just run your hands through and break it up until it's soft. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file