Tips for my curly hair??

hkayyhkayy Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I recently have done big chop and since then  I have not worn my hair curly because of the shortness.  Instead of leaving it curly I comb it out and just let it  be. I have done the big chop because my hair stayed the same length for about 3 years and I just needed a fresh start. What do you guys recommend I do to promote hair growth??? Comments would be much appreciated xxx  (first picture is now and second was 3 months ago)

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,900Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to Curl Talk!  Your hair is very pretty.  For me, growth is just a matter of waiting.  Maybe someone else will come along with some better ideas!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • MafiaPrincessMafiaPrincess Posts: 57Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Firstly stop combing your hair. You HAVE TO embrace how your hair looks in its natural state. I'm sure you can find ways to wear it nicely despite it being short. Try pretty printed satin scarves. Wrap your hair with them, add big hoop earrings, dab on some bold lipstick. You'll look great! Meanwhile take good care of your hair, wash it every other day with a gentle sulfate free shampoo, comb through only after applying conditioner with a wide-tooth comb, deep condition once or twice a week. Apply heat while deep conditioning. Sleep only on a satin pillowcase. Wrap your head with a satin scarf before bed. Never dry comb your hair. Your hair WILL flourish. Keep up this routine even as your length progresses. Only shampoo your scalp. Don't use too many products, just a sulfate free shampoo, a conditioner with good slip preferably silicone-free. Don't layer on leave-ins unless it's really cold and dry where you live. Simplicity and consistency. Keep us updated of your progress via this thread. You can thank moi when you hit BSL. Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file