Help with half of hair curling?!

kmlucaskmlucas Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
Hi! I’ve had issues with different curl patterns in my hair for years now and it doesn’t seem to get any better no matter how much I deep condition. I haven’t put heat on my hair in almost a year and when I did get heat it was done by a professional MAYBE twice a year if that.  I added pictures so you all could see how one side looks more limp and curl-less while the other side has clearly curled up after twisting. I can kind of cover it up when I do wash and go’s but it is still really frustrating because when I do styles like twist outs or braids out the ends look kind of scraggly like I am transitioning and the only help is rodding the ends. Also I have been natural for about 3-4 years now. I can’t remember when I finally cut the rest of the relaxed hair but I transitioned for 1 year and 7 months before cutting the ends. Please please help! Thanks!!!

Best Answer

• KeeyamahKeeyamah Registered Users Posts: 209 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    Odd question, but are you a side sleeper? And do you sleep on the side that's flatter? Cause I have a similar problem because I'm a side sleeper. My waves are flatter on my left side usually, my preferred sleep side
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    edited July 2018
    It may or may not be damage. Could you finger coil the ends? There's no shame in using a perm rod or whatever to match the texture.
  • kmlucaskmlucas Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    That’s true. It’s just more annoying when I do the wash and go’s because that side of my hair looks really limp. 
  • kmlucaskmlucas Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Keeyamah said:
    Odd question, but are you a side sleeper? And do you sleep on the side that's flatter? Cause I have a similar problem because I'm a side sleeper. My waves are flatter on my left side usually, my preferred sleep side

I have heard this before but it’s quite strange if that is the case. However the side of my hair that doesn’t curl does seem to be much dryer too. 

• KeeyamahKeeyamah Registered Users Posts: 209 Curl Connoisseur
    What about side sleeping squashing curls seems strange to you? Of course, my waves are not as strong of a pattern (I can straighten my hair by running my fingers through it, especially if its wet), so lots of things make them fall.

If that side is dryer, it may just need a little extra baby-ing. Some extra conditioner, leave in, etc might help it curl more. 
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file