Either my porosity changed, or I misjudged it from the start

KeeyamahKeeyamah Registered Users Posts: 209 Curl Connoisseur
Once I started reading about porosity, I figured I had low porosity based on a few things, it takes forever to dry (up to 8ish hours....), doesn't like to be chemically treated (not that I've done that for almost 20 years, lol), and the heavier products really weighed it down and never absorbed.

But now, while it still takes quite a while to dry (haven't timed it without product in a while, and takes about 45 minutes of diffusing on medium to get to damp). Now the heavier products don't weigh the curls down,and accidentally putting to much product on, it gets absorbed by the next morning. In fact, to get my best waves/curls, I almost have to use the heavier products. 

So now I'm wondering if my porosity changed, or if I just misjudged it to start with. Maybe it's more average porosity?....
Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    It may be normal. The drying thing is so unreliable. I know i have high porosity and it takes forever to dry because its trying to hold onto that moisture.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    A lot of people (including me) have mixed porosity - low at the roots, and high at the ends.  I try to keep most of my products down from the middle to the ends, and less up top.  Just one more thing to confuse us about porosity!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • KeeyamahKeeyamah Registered Users Posts: 209 Curl Connoisseur
    Very good point @Guide 65, because that happens, my roots looked greasy the other day, too much oil, but the length of my hair looked fine. So I'm gonna try that myself, keep as much product as I can ear length and below 
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file