any other type 2 wavies shave your head?

Daisy ZaiaDaisy Zaia Posts: 14Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited July 2018 in Growing out
I shaved my head 2 months ago - my hair has never been this short, and I want to embrace my S waves as my hair grows out. It's only an inch and a quarter so far, not even two inches, but I am just wondering: Did any of you wavies have to wait for your hair to get to a certain length before it started to get curly again ? At one inch, it looks very straight, and I just can't wait to see my waves. I'm sure for our looser curl types, it is really variated on the different lengths it starts to wave and curl , but anyone else's experiences regrowing type 2 waves from a bald head, or pictures - would be amazing. My dad said in high school his hair started to curl after his ears. In my profile photo, I can tell that my hair can wave above my ears, closer to the root, but I don't think it curls right at the root. Does this mean I have to wait for at least chin length hair before my waves show? I have seen videos and hair timelines of people with curlier hair than mine with straight looking hair at this length, so does anyone have pictures of their hair from super short looking similar? 

Best Answers

• Rose3trsRose3trs Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    I'm actually growing out a pixie cut and I have absolutely no curls or waves what-so-ever right now. My curls don't start until my hair grows longer then my ears. First pix is about a month ago and the second is from early last year.
    Mod-CG since 2016
    2 B/C, fine, medium porosity  
    Alopecia 2017- growing my hair back in~ currently pixie length

Poo- Giovanni blackberry & coconut milk repairing shampoo
    Condish- Jessicurl deep conditioning treatment 
    Clarify- Scruples purple shampoo or Neutrogena T/Sal or KCCC
    Mask- John Masters Organics hair mask with rose and apricot 
    Leave in - KCKT
  • beantreesbeantrees Posts: 116 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    It looks great!  I've had very short pixie hair (just a bit longer than your 2 month pic) and my hair is not curly or wavy at that length.  It starts getting a wave at about 1.5 inches long and starts to curl at approx 3 inches.  It will be fun to see how your hair changes as it gets longer!
    2C/3A, med/coarse, thick density, high porosity - CG since 5/17/2018
    Earlobe length on one side and pixie short in back and other side.  Growing out to chin/jaw length.
    Cleanse: Inecto Coconut Conditioner, SM JBCO shampoo
    RO Condition: SM Curl & Shine
    DT: SM JBCO masque
    LI: SM JBCO leave in, Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    Stylers: AG Recoil or SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie or SM Curl & Style Milk, Carina Organics gel

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,900Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I hate short hair on myself, so I've never done it.  It looks cute on you though!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Daisy ZaiaDaisy Zaia Posts: 14Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Omg Rose3trs thank you so much ! That is exactly what I was expecting with my hair too, and that made me feel a lot better :) I really appreciate the photos ! Your hair is gorgeous 🙏🙏
    & Thank you, Guide 65 ! :) I have always wanted to shave my head to see what it was like, and my hair was severely bleached and damaged so it had to be done to grow my hair out healthy and my natural color - I haven't had my hair this short since I was a baby and that is kind of funny to think about 😂  
    Aww thank you beantrees :D (I love your name by the way haha) I really appreciate your answer! That is very reassuring to me to hear that ! C: I have been really hoping other wavies have been through the same phase or similar where their hair has no wave whatsoever yet, because it is still so short

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file