SOS with Parts and Clumping

themrs007themrs007 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 12 Curl Neophyte
I’ve only been following CG for a week, so I know I have a long way to go with trial and error, but I’m running into an occasional problem with the way my hair clumps after a wash. After my last sulfate wash and again today after cowashing, my waves have clumped into an odd pattern. I use a GVP version of the Shea Moisture C&H leave-in and right now the LA Sport gel (didn’t want to break the bank while I figured out my beer routine). I have some shorter bangs that I’m trying to grow out from 2 months ago when I would still wear my hair straight that clump together and do not part with the rest of my hair. Some of it will part very far to one side or the other, and then the back will sometimes clump on either side and create a pretty obvious “back part” that I can’t cover up without teasing. I clip to try to get the roots to stay closer together before diffusing but end up putting them back in when I get to work. 

I’d rather not pull my clumps apart so my waves retain their fullness, but I’m willing to try whatever helps. Is there a method to the madness? Pic below is before I completely finished SOTC. Thanks!

2a/b hair that just started it’s journey. High porosity, medium thickness and density.

Low Poo: Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
Rinse Out: DevaCurl One Condition Original
Deep Condish: Biotera 3-Min Balm
Leave In: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Curling Gel Soufflé, DevaCurl Arc AnGEL
Tagged:

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    What I do is I part my hair prior to scrunching or styling. I always scrunch standing up, so the next advice is relative to what you do. For the back, I look up at the ceiling to scrunch the back portion to prevent that "back" part split. 
  • themrs007themrs007 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 12 Curl Neophyte
    @BrittanyM I’ve been hanging my head upside down, but I may try it right-side up next time. If anything, it should help me keep my bangs in place while they grow.
    2a/b hair that just started it’s journey. High porosity, medium thickness and density.

Low Poo: Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
    Rinse Out: DevaCurl One Condition Original
    Deep Condish: Biotera 3-Min Balm
    Leave In: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Curling Gel Soufflé, DevaCurl Arc AnGEL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file