Curls fall flat on day 2

dsch1207dsch1207 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
Hi all... just looking for some quick advice. I have pretty straight forward 3A curls. They look great after washing and diffusing/air drying but then after sleeping with a pineapple in a silk bonnet on a satin pillowcase (overkill?) I always wake up to slightly wavy hair... I have been going through sort of a mini wash day everyday just to maintain my style but it’s exhausting! Does anyone have any secret methods or advice they can offer??

Best Answer

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Have you tried scrunching out the crunch? Some gels with alcohol or horrible but there are curly girl friendly ones. I'm not recommending gels just that they are an option for many here. Just a thought.

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm sorry you are going through this. Do you use hard hold gel? You don't necessarily have to use it, but I find products are a direct correlation to next day hair. The other thing is I never had good second day hair until a year after being curly girl method. Just a few thoughts.
  • dsch1207dsch1207 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    @BrittanyM thanks for the advice. I don’t typically like using gel because I don’t like the “crunchy” feeling or the “wet” look it leaves me with.
  • dsch1207dsch1207 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    @BrittanyM Thanks for the advice. I’m looking into a SheaMoisture gel that may end up doing the trick. Thanks again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file