The Left Side Of My Face & Neck Look Older Than The Right...

LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
I really notice this when I wear my hair up.  I have an appointment in the morning to see if fillers will help my marrionette lines around my mouth.  Hopefully, this will help.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 207 Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe it can come from the sun ?
    I have a friend who has the most advanced skin on her right side, she drives a lot and the side exposed to the sun gets older faster .. 
    It can also comes from the moisture of the skin, I have a perfect oil for that: daisy oil works miracles!
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Driving! My left arm is considerably darker than my right because of how much I drive. I have no friends so no time to even the tan by letting them drive. It is a rather common phenomenon.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    The sun factor does make sense.  I also think it may be from sleeping on my left side.  I need to look into getting another pillow that will help me sleep on my back.  Socurl, where do you get your Daisy Oil?
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    I just did some research on pillows to help you sleep on your back.  I always read all the bad reviews.  There were 2  recommended at around $70 each.  From what I read I think a regular travel pillow that wraps around your neck would probably do as well & only $10.  I had one of these, but gave it to someone to use & didn't get it back.  
    From Michael Berg:

Daisy oil, I make it myself but it can be found everywhere in organic stores (BELLIS OIL MACERATED) or online ! 🙂
    And yes it can also come to sleep on the side .. but I think it can also be adjusted without much effort with a satin pillow (it protects the hair and skin against friction on the pillow, no wrinkles and perfect hair int the morning 🌟)

I've tried the satin pillowcase & I still sleep on the side of my face.  My esthetician told me she couldn't use fillers in my marionette lines.  :(  She said I have too much fat in my lower face & it will make me look like a chipmunk.  She had me smile & she said they are more like dimples that have dropped.  She told me 3 things to do.  1)  pillow to keep me on my back at night.  She said the travel neck pillow should be fine. I got one this morning with a satin cover.   2)  continue with my Retin-A at night.  3)  apply a Vitamin C topical serum in the morning.  Also never forget to apply sunscreen.  
    From Michael Berg:

with a satin pillow you can sleep on the side it's not a problem!  :) 

"Satin and silk fibers cling less to skin and hair than coarser fabrics, such as cotton," explains Dr. Rachel Nazarian  in New York City. "This results in less pulling and tugging of both facial skin and hair."

In short, Nazarian says that thicker fabrics (regardless of how soft they may feel) create friction, which can cause premature aging, as well as moisture loss. "Repeated folding of skin from cotton or flannel fabrics ultimately leads to an increased number of wrinkles and deeper wrinkles over time," she says. "The smoother fabric avoids creasing and folding of skin during the night."

In addition to preventing wrinkles, less friction means less inflammation and irritation overall. "This may lead to less broken blood vessels and more even skin tone," Nazarian adds. Translation: Silk and satin pillowcases mean no more embarrassing red marks in the morning, and they're good for your complexion in the long-term, too.

But beauty pillowcases don't stop at skin care — silk and satin have also been proven to smooth hair and prevent frizz, says Matt Fugate, a hairstylist at Serge Normant at John Frieda in New York City. "Silk is the least abrasive fabric, and it makes smooth styles as well as curly hair less prone to frizz," he explains.

Thanks for the info.  Looks like I should look for some new pillowcases.  Another reason I want to start sleeping on my back is becuz side or tummy sleeping hurts my back.  I have a great mattress, so it isn't that.  I wake up every morning with a backache from a past injury. 
    From Michael Berg:

Oh I see, yes maybe it's better to try to sleep on your back then .. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file