More volume without too much frizz?

socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 207 Curl Connoisseur
Hi everyone,

The weather is very hot right now and so my hair does not have a lot of definition, mostly a lot of frizz!
I'm also dealing with flat roots, I have volume down (thanks to the frizz ) but the top of my head is very flat and it's pretty weird ..
The back of my head is also flat, the top has not too much volume too ..

Do you have any advice on this ? 

thank you !  !

Comments

• CurlyLiliCurlyLili Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 69 Curl Connoisseur
    Beautiful hair!!!
    Have you tried clipping? Dana Marie on Youtube has a good video on how to do it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Tgw9NU1Fc)
    My hair is longer than yours, but using the Devaffuser and parting my hair on the opposite side (then flipping to the other side when dry) has helped me. 

Type: 3a/3b
    Hair strand thickness: medium/coarse
    Density: thick
    Porosity: low at roots/normal mid-shaft/high at ends
    Sensitivity to protein: no

Cleanse: DC Low-poo
    Clarify: Build up buster, Malibu-C Un do goo
    DT: DC Melt into moisture, Curly Hair Solutions Pure Silk Protein Treatment, occasional fermented rice water
    Condition: DC One Condition Original and One Condition Decadence
    Style: DC ArcAngel, DC UDG, Curl Keeper Original, Jessicurl Confident coils, Spiralicious, Deva B'leave in

• socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 207 Curl Connoisseur
    @CurlyLili Thank you very much, I will try this !  :)
  • dsch1207dsch1207 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is so beautiful! I think you have great definition and volume but here is what I have to offer:
    When my hair is wet, I use small clips to hold up my roots so they dry with a little more “oomph”. Also, I’ve found that I need to use a lighter conditioner in the summer but a slightly more dense creme/gel combo for styling. Hope this helps!
    Thank you @CurlyLili and @dsch1207 ! I just tried and it gives a little more volume on the top thank you ! :smiley:
    I used a little more product today there is a little more definition on my curls, but it is still flat on the back .. I will try to find a solution for that :smile:

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Your hair is so beautiful!  I just love those ringlets.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    And the color is so pretty too!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file