what should i do with my hair?

tw4135tw4135 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
alright so, rn im 14 yrs old and i have no idea what to do with my hair. idek what hair type i have tbh and no one ever taught me how to actually do my hair. and my hair seems like its completely crazy sometimes so heres some examples. in the first pic, i have a “deep conditioner” i guess in my hair. it had eggs, mayo, banana, and the shea moisture deep hydration madk mixed together. the second pic is my hair today after wearing it in twists for awhile and combing it out. while it was wet and before i did this heavy combing, it wasnt nearly as poofy but it just ya know poofed up and in that pic im holding a piece of my hair that didnt get poofy. in both those pictures it is on the same side of my head. so in summary i just dont know what hair type i am at all. whether its 4a or whatever it is, i dont even know good products to use. but i do know my hair is low porosity and no matter what i put in it it always ends up dry the next day.

Answers

• tw4135tw4135 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    also in addition to this, the front of my hair is looser then the rest, and even that area of my hair doesnt stay curly after it dries
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  Cut little curl in that second picture!  Is that stretched out, or is it naturally that long?

I would suggest getting the book The Curly Girl Method by Lorraine Massey.  You can get it from your library, or if you have a kindle I've heard you can get it for free (might be a limited time offer).  It'll give you the basics for caring for your hair.

Even if you can't get the right products now, it can help you with techniques for your hair.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    edited July 2018
    And here's some more good reading to get you started

@NatrulyMe has put together a ton of great information in this thread.

Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file