Biotera Hypoallergenic products

DrpjfitzDrpjfitz Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 72 Curl Connoisseur
edited July 2018 in Readers' Product Reviews
i know that Biotera products are CG-friendly, but what about the Biotera Hypoallergenic line? I see that the hypoallergenic gel lists phenoxyethanol as the last ingredient. It seems that it is used as a preservative in hair products. It is composed of glycol ether, phenol ether, and an aromatic alcohol.

Does anyone know if this line of products is CG-friendly with this ingredient?

Thanks!
3A fine, normal porosity
No specific products as of yet—still trying to figure out what works for my hair 

Best Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Phenoxyethanol itself is not against the CG rules, as far as I know.  I don't hear people in the CG community talking much about Biotera.  I'm guessing some of their products might be CG friendly, but most won't be.  You'll have to read the ingredients of each one to be sure.  In fact, its a good idea to read the ingredients of ALL products in all lines to be sure.  Even in the Deva line, which started the whole CG thing, there are a couple that are not strictly CG. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Guide 65 said:
    ....  Even in the Deva line, which started the whole CG thing, there are a couple that are not strictly CG. 
    I never even thought to check their ingredients, I just assumed they were all CG.  Do you know which products are not strictly CG?
    The hairspray has drying alcohols, and one of their deep conditioners (Melt into Moisture?) has wax.  Once Lorraine Massey left the company, they started veering away from her philosophy.  That's why so many new products and lines are coming out from them. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Guide 65 said:
    ....  Even in the Deva line, which started the whole CG thing, there are a couple that are not strictly CG. 
    I never even thought to check their ingredients, I just assumed they were all CG.  Do you know which products are not strictly CG?
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • DrpjfitzDrpjfitz Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 72 Curl Connoisseur
    @Guide 65 That’s good to know and it’s very surprising that not all Deva Curl products are CG. I would never have thought that.
    3A fine, normal porosity
    No specific products as of yet—still trying to figure out what works for my hair 
    @WavyKfromNJ Very good question—and why would they even make products that are not completely CG. Interesting.
    3A fine, normal porosity
    @Guide 65 That makes so much sense—thanks for your insight!
    3A fine, normal porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file