Post Pics of Picked Out 4A Hair Below

CurlyJKCurlyJK Registered Users Posts: 62 Curl Connoisseur
edited July 2018 in Hair Type 4
Title is pretty self explanatory. Interested in seeing how the 4a curl pattern is supposed to look like picked out...from an official 4a.

Comments

• NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    edited July 2018

4A silky Hair Below:

All these images are 4A Hair Type. Also, there are varieties of textures of the same hair type. It could be silky, wiry, coliy and thready as well as cottony textures of the same hair types. Hope this helps.

Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)

• CurlyJKCurlyJK Registered Users Posts: 62 Curl Connoisseur
    NatrulyMe said:

4A silky Hair Below:

All these images are 4A Hair Type. Also, there are varieties of textures of the same hair type. It could be silky, wiry, coliy and thready as well as cottony textures of the same hair types. Hope this helps.
    Thanks...but I was looking for what it looks like when it's dry and has been picked out
    Wait the third example you posted isn't 4b?
    edited July 2018
    CurlyJK said:
    NatrulyMe said:

4A silky Hair Below:

Thanks...but I was looking for what it looks like when it's dry and has been picked out

All the ladies hair is dry. Yes, they all have 4A type of hair. The third lady has 4A/4B (mixed). Rarely, these days people have more than one type of hair. My hair type is mixed too, (3C/4A) but mostly 3C.

Confused? Yeah, I know... lol Try some researching  and or read my thread.

https://curltalk.naturallycurly.com/discussion/183114/naturally-curly-hair-routine-regimen-101-for-newly-naturals/p1

Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    10-28-15 (BC Date)

NatrulyMe said:
    CurlyJK said:
    NatrulyMe said:

4A silky Hair Below:

All the ladies hair is dry. Yes, they all have 4A type of hair. The third lady has 4A/4B (mixed). Rarely, these days people have more than one type of hair. My hair type is mixed too, (3C/4A) but mostly 3C.

Confused? Yeah, I know... lol Try some researching  and or read my thread.

https://curltalk.naturallycurly.com/discussion/183114/naturally-curly-hair-routine-regimen-101-for-newly-naturals/p1
    Yeah, actually I was a bit confused, but mainly because there were quite a few youtubers I saw who have very similar curl patterns as those examples (especially the first and third examples), but claimed they were 4b or 4c. 
    edited July 2018

These images I copied from Google (search for 4A types images). Also, be aware that some people can have the same hair type, but look a lil different. e.g. All 3C hair types does not look alike. One can have coarse hair and the other silky. Hope this helps a little...

10-28-15 (BC Date)

• AddeeAddee Registered Users Posts: 412 Curl Connoisseur
    Honestly I don't think 4a looks all that different from similar types when picked out. My mom had mostly 3c hair and when she picks it out you'd think it was 4c. If she were to wet it again the loose curls would form.
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
    Addee said:
    Honestly I don't think 4a looks all that different from similar types when picked out. My mom had mostly 3c hair and when she picks it out you'd think it was 4c. If she were to wet it again the loose curls would form.

Yeah, my hair is like that too.
    Addee said:
    I agree. :) 

10-28-15 (BC Date)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file