straight top layer, wavy bottom layer + other questions

edenxlundquistedenxlundquist Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
My hair is easily 2B on the underneath layers, but on the top, it's 2A and sometimes even straight! I really wish people could see the waves that I have, but since the top layer is the only one people usually see, they never get show.
Also, whenever I brush my hair dry, as I almost never brush it wet or damp, my waves just go straight and turn into frizz. I was wondering how, when, and what I should brush my hair with to prevent this from happening. 
Also, whenever I get out of the shower, my hair has a lot of waves and ringlets, but when I let it airdry, they fall flat and straighten quite a lot.
I don't use any hair products (besides shampoo and conditioner) and don't diffuse or blot dry or anything. I just let my hair airdry. I don't yet follow the CurlyGirl method. I have layers, but not very many, as they were done over a year ago, and have now grown out. My hair is kind of ombre, because around half a year ago I had the bottom half bleached. My hair, at it's longest point, goes down to my shoulderblades. I am 13 years old and Caucasian/Hispanic. I very infrequently use heat on my hair. I live in a sunny, sometimes humid climate. I am open to trying the CurlyGirl method, and also to getting layers, but I just need to know that they will work to fix my specific problems. I am looking for techniques, routines, regimens, haircuts, methods, and products to fix these problems. 

Best Answer

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I only use a brush 1 or 2 times a month - so put down the brush.  I use a wide tooth comb to detangle my hair when I have conditioner in it.

Your top layer may be damaged.  The damage can be caused by the heat you use, rubbing against things, sun etc.  

It sounds like your hair may be a bit dry since it is wavy when wet.

I would start by adding a spritz of water to your hair in the morning and evening.  Sleeping with your hair in a pineapple or scarf to help protect it.

2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file