Styling Bangs

DrpjfitzDrpjfitz Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 72 Curl Connoisseur
As a curl newbie, I am really struggling with how to style my bangs. I’ve watched several YouTube videos and read some articles on Naturally Curly but am still not clear on how to make bangs look good. I have 3A hair and am looking for some tips on how to make my bangs curly, defined and consistent with the rest of my hair.
3A fine, normal porosity
No specific products as of yet—still trying to figure out what works for my hair 

Best Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Try finger coiling them. I have wavy hair but I twist my bangs so they form nice waves. If you finger coil or twist, scrunch them gently as well if you choose to scrunch your hair when you style.
  • socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 207 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    Finger coil it works very well  :)
    A little more gel yes but not too much!
    And not touch it too much in the day and it's perfect  ;)
    Accepted Answer
    For me, I try not to use any product but a leave in. If they get gel on them then they set, but as the days go on, that setting effect can make them harder to work with for me. Try it once without gel or a creme and then with one. See which one you like better.
    Accepted Answer
    If your hair was damaged, you would know. Depending on what color you used, it may be a simple deep co ditioning to mitigate the dryness. Just regularly deep condition to mitigate any dryness from color.
    Accepted Answer
    i would also suggest a protein treatment if you are not protein sensitive. Sometimes it takes a bit for hair to recover. Hopefully it's not too badly damaged.
    Accepted Answer
    You use it and your hair gets hard and brittle, basically it doesn't do it any good. Typically people who are protein sensitive have low porosity hair. If you use protein and find it did harm, clarify and deep condition. It's not irreversible so it's worth a try.

Answers

• DrpjfitzDrpjfitz Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 72 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks, Brittany. Do you have to use more product on them? I’m assuming you use gel?
    3A fine, normal porosity
    No specific products as of yet—still trying to figure out what works for my hair 
    Thank you, socurls!
    3A fine, normal porosity
    Thank you, Brittany. It really is a matter of trying different things, isn’t it? 

I tried to color my hair myself and now it’s dry and probably damaged. 😞
    3A fine, normal porosity
    @BrittanyM Thank you. I did one deep conditioning a couple of days ago but I think I need to do it again. It’s very dry and not at all like it usually is.
    3A fine, normal porosity
    @BrittanyM How would I know if I am protein sensitive?
    3A fine, normal porosity
    @BrittanyM. Thanks so much! I’m learning more every day about curly hair and, most importantly, about my curly hair.  😊
    3A fine, normal porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file