URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED!

shamarsimmonsshamarsimmons Posts: 45Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
After using a Camille Rose Curl Product, I have been suffering from dry, brittle hair. Prior to using the product, my hair was soft and silky, and each individual strand would lay down flat, and my curls would clump together naturally. Now I am suffering from frizzy hair and strands that do not lay down, and no longer clump. I shaved my hair off twice, but my hair grew back the same, frizzy, brittle, dry. I have even been using Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Conditioning system, but my hair is not improving. What is the cause of this, and how can my hair return to its normal state? Will a clarifying shampoo help? The link to my hair photos prior to using the product is: https://www.facebook.com/kristal.zappa.1

Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,349Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    What was the Camille Rose product? What are the ingredients?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • shamarsimmonsshamarsimmons Posts: 45Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    It was Camille Rose Fresh Curl product. Please know that I am low porosity, low density, and fine strands. What can I do to return my hair to its natural state?

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,342Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I looked up the ingredients:  Deionized water, castor seed oil, dl panthenol, glycerin, avocado oil, sodium pca, btms, peach guave, optiphen and LOVE!

I really don't see anything that you could be reacting to.  I don't know what btms is, but everything else I recognize.  The glycerin might draw more moisture to your hair, causing frizziness, but not dryness and brittleness.

Have you stopped using it?  Are you back to all the products you had success with before?  For how long?  And your hair is still dry and brittle?  I would say this product isn't the problem, there must be something else going on.  Change in weather?  Change in water?  Have you changed any other products?
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • shamarsimmonsshamarsimmons Posts: 45Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @Guide 65  

I am back to using all of my traditional products. My hair is still dry and brittle, and the curls do not clump as well as prior to using the product. Everything in terms of whether, foods, water has remained the same since I was a baby. My hair has been nearly identical since I was a toddler. I don't know what to do because I have used deep conditioning with heat and I have had no improvement. I shaved my hair off twice, and that didn't work.

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,342Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Surely the weather changes from day to day.  Don't know where you are, but even the most temperate climates experience a change from winter to summer.

How long has this been going on?  And you still haven't said what products you're using. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
    @Guide 65

If the weather was the concern related my hair, this would have been a consistent yearly trend of my hair changing around this time. The weather has nothing to do with my hair, it is very short, and my hair has remained the same since I was a toddler. It is more than obvious that immediately after using the Camille Rose product, my hair changed. It was not a graduate change, but an immediate change. The products I am using now are just Some Shea Moisture products, along with some cheap drugstore products that I have been using all of my life, and Deva One Conditioner. This is a very serious concern with my hair, and I need some advice as to what I should do. Do you think a protein treatment would help?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file