Wavy/Curly Boy

thehairwitchthehairwitch Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

Hello! My name is John and I live in eastern NC & am training to be be a cosmetologist. I have type 2B-3A hair, depending on how I style it, what products I use, the weather, and if I diffuse or air dry. I have color treated hair but it is relatively healthy thanks to the right combo of products & OLAPLEX.

I am am OBBSESSED with DevaCurl products, especially the low poo delight shampoo & one condition delight, ultra defining gel, supercream, buildup buster, and melt into moisture masque. I typically cleanse my hair every 3-5 days, and will cowash my hair once or twice (depending on sweat, oil, and frizz level) at least  w/ my one condition delight or a moisturizing no poo cleanser (such as the DevaCurl no poo decadence) during each week. 

Some other products I love are the ColorProof TruCurl collection (especially the oil & conditioner, which I typically use as a leave-in) Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger oil & blow dry spray, and as mentioned previously, olaplex. Olaplex saved my hair and has made me give up the flat iron and embrace my texture 💜

Follow my hair page on Instagram @thehairwitch_333 for some pictures of my work and mystical hair advice. 

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask (and I will do the same). 

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 957Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  You have beautiful hair!  I'm curious if you learn anything about curly/wavy hair in cosmetology school? 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Innersense Color Radiance Conditioner
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,423Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome to CurlTalk @thehairwitch!  So great that you're embracing your natural texture. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • beantreesbeantrees Posts: 71Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Dabbler
    Gorgeous hair!  Welcome to CurlTalk  :)
    2C/3A, med/coarse, thick density, high porosity - CG since 5/17/2018
    Earlobe length on one side and pixie short in back and other side
    Cleanse: Inecto Coconut Conditioner, SM JBCO shampoo
    RO Condition: SM Raw Shea Butter
    DT: SM Raw Shea Butter masque
    LI: SM JBCO leave in
    Stylers: AG Recoil, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, SM Curl & Style Milk, Carina Organics gel

• thehairwitchthehairwitch Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    @Guide 65 thankfully we have several black/multicultural instructors and they have taught us quite a bit of how to care for curly/natural/ethnic hair as well as different styles and methods to naturally loosen or define our curly haired clients. I still have researched quite a bit on the subject myself over the years, so I was already pretty confident in my curly hair care methods before my formal training! 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file