Should I get bangs?

naturallymixednaturallymixed Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
edited July 2018 in Hair Type 3
I have 3a/3b curls (3b in front, mostly 3a in back) and I've been thinking about getting bangs for a little under a year now. I'm really scared they're just going to end up frizzy and poofy and stick straight up. I want to go for Zendaya's bangs here:

What are people's experiences with curly bangs?

Answers

• socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 207 Curl Connoisseur
    Hello,

I was in the same situation as you a few months ago :)
    So for the bangs we are lucky with the curls to have a longer bangs so if you ever do not want to have bangs, you can twist it and put a little clip on the side so you do not have one for the day!
    Otherwise a bang especially like Zendaya's is very very cute :)
    But it takes more attention, I wet my bangs in the morning and make a small finger to have well-defined curls on the bangs and take good care of it !

I hope this will help you a little to make a decision.
    Oh, and you can take strands on the sides of your face and hang them high to get an idea of what it might look like !

I wish you a very good day !  :)

• naturallymixednaturallymixed Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    socurls said:
    Hello,

I was in the same situation as you a few months ago :)
    So for the bangs we are lucky with the curls to have a longer bangs so if you ever do not want to have bangs, you can twist it and put a little clip on the side so you do not have one for the day!
    Otherwise a bang especially like Zendaya's is very very cute :)
    But it takes more attention, I wet my bangs in the morning and make a small finger to have well-defined curls on the bangs and take good care of it !

I hope this will help you a little to make a decision.
    Oh, and you can take strands on the sides of your face and hang them high to get an idea of what it might look like !

I wish you a very good day !  :)

Thank you so much! I think I might do it, I'm going to talk to my stylist.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Ah the age old question. If you want bangs, just take the plunge and do it! Bangs grow out really fast if you hate them. Also you at least get to experience them if you find you love them. Finger coiling your bangs will be the way to go. And please please do not cut your bangs wet nor do as I did once and pull them straight and cut them to the middle of my eye length (they curl up and become baby bangs... cute but not what I was going for.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file