hello hello! finally making a change

finnsmomfinnsmom Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
Hi all! Not sure if anyone really reads the newbie intros but I thought I'd go ahead and share my story in case someone has any insight for a total beginner. 

I'm 25yo with long (reaching mid-back), very fine, thick, low-porosity 2b hair. I have struggled my WHOLE LIFE with getting it to look smooth but not lifeless, voluminous but not frizzy, wavy but not undefined. People say the 2s have "perfect" hair, and I can't help but laugh- maybe other 2s do, but that hasn't been my experience. 

For the past few years I've just been using sulfate-free shampoos and thinking that was the best I could do, and then I stumbled upon the CG method. I researched products to death & went on an Ulta splurge yesterday. Totally wiped my shower shelf off and replaced it with new stuff. : ) Who knew it was about more than foregoing sulfates!

So this is Day 1 of the CG method. I'm using low-poo instead of co-wash because my hair would be weighed down way too much on conditioner alone (something I've actually tried before.) Scrunched with a pea-size dollop of Shea Moisture smoothing milk. And:

my hair turned out a little frizzy. Waves are kind of loose and stringy. But my hair is softer than it's been in a LONG time (I keep twirling it around on my fingers just to feel how soft it is!) I assume this isn't an overnight adjustment & I plan to keep going to see where it takes me. When I was a teenager I had super wavy/curly hair that I scrunched almost every day, and I'm hoping to get back to that look.

Anyway. Sorry for the novel. If anyone can sympathize, please let me know- sometimes I wonder if I'm the only human with these specific hair issues! And hello to you all! I'm looking forward to learning so much more about the CG method and actually taking time to devote to hair care. : )

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  Your hair sounds lovely.  I think the wavies are the ones who have the most trouble trying to make their hair look good.  It's not quite straight, not quite curly...it's like we have worst properties of both kinds!  Hopefully you'll find some improvement with this method.  You might even be surprised at how much more your hair curls!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! I'm 26 with 2b hair (but I bleach my hair so it's probably more 3a truly). I grew up straightening my hair everyday fighting against any texture. They always say type 2 hair is silky and like straight hair, but I beg to differ. My hair is incredibly dry and and has never been silky. Definitely deep condition if you are not already, that tends to remove a lot of my frizz as well. Let me know if you ever have any questions! I hope you enjoy it here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file