Alberto V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner - new ingredients with 5 oils

curly_kccurly_kc Registered Users Posts: 72 Curl Novice
The ingredients of this have changed recently, with 5 oils added. It's now Alberto V05 + 5 Vitamins and Oils. Vitamin E, C, B5, B3, and Biotin + Sunflower Oil, Almond Oil, Mango Oil, Chamomile Oil, Rosemary Oil. 

Paraben Free and Silicone Free on the label

I've been trying this as a co-wash off and on. And it's only $1 at Dollar Tree for 15 oz., and $1.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for 33 oz. 

At Dollar Tree they still have the older formula mixed in with the newer formula with the oils. The Body Conditioner with the musk smell has the oils in it, also. The soy protein moisture milks conditioners I saw did not have the oils added. 

I guess V05 still makes updates to their products. Someone must be using these conditioners. 

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Propylene Glycol, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Polysorbate-20, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Biotin (Vitamin H), Rosmarius Officinalis (Rosemary Leaf Oil), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Anthenis Noblis Flower  (Chamomile) Oil, Helanthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).
Conditioner Wash: V05 Kiwi-Lime Clarifying Conditioner

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo

Rinse-Out and Leave-In Conditioner: V05 Vanilla-Mint Conditioner

Gel Styling Product: L.A. Looks Mega Mega Hold

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I need to try more of V05 products. I used the shampoo in that line to clarify but I haven't ever used their conditioners. With the price, it's not too much to lose if it doesn't work. Thanks for info!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    VO5 Kiwi Lime is one of my long time favorites. I'm sure I've used a newer bottle but didn't notice any difference to my hair. I will have to check the label, 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • rabarrabar Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 64 Curl Connoisseur
    Hi!  I tried the VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo yesterday.  I tried it because it has Disodium EDTA in it, as my regular sulfate shampoo does not.  It did not leave my hair feeling stripped, which was what I was expecting from a clarifying shampoo.  My hair felt dry, but not as dry as my usual Selsun Blue.  (please don't freak out over my shampoo choices--I have very low porosity hair, and I do pre-poo every time with coconut oil!)

My hair felt pretty clean.  It's much shinier this morning, and didn't take nearly as long to dry, but I really can't say if that was due to this shampoo, or the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Deep Treatment Masque w/Sea Kelp & Argan Oil that I used after it (if I had to guess, I would say it was the masque that made it shinier).  My hair wasn't dry this morning because I followed the shampoo with the deep treatment and then my regular conditioner (Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut).

But I would recommend this shampoo if you want to try a clarifying shampoo that doesn't leave your hair overly dry.  Please note:  it did leave my hair feeling dry, because it is a clarifying shampoo, it just wasn't as stripped and dry as I expected.  And you can't beat the price! ($1.19 at my local grocery store)

Thanks for listening!
    rabar
    2c/3a/3b, coarse, med-high porosity, medium density
    formerly CG method

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file