Curls Size

shamarsimmonsshamarsimmons Posts: 45Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
I have just been curious about my hair curl pattern. As you can see in this https://shamarsimmons.imgbb.com/ link my hair is very short. I have really tight curls, so I wanted to see if curls, as they grow longer, do they get bigger. For example do you my curls will get bigger, as length comes. I have heard that some people thought they were 4a, but with length they became 3c.

Please, I am need of many people to respond to this. I want a variety of people to give me their opinion. I have done many posts of this site and only a couple of people respond to my post.

Answers

• CurlyJKCurlyJK Posts: 62Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    edited June 2018
    Mine sure didn't.
    My hairtype's like a 4a, some may consider it 4b, whatever.

If it did, it would have to do with gravity stretching out the curl pattern, creating that illusion.
  • shamarsimmonsshamarsimmons Posts: 45Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @CurlyJK 
    Can you let me know more about your hair texture such as thickness, density, etc? 
    edited June 2018
    @CurlyJK 
    Can you let me know more about your hair texture such as thickness, density, etc? 
    For the most part, my hair has high density, low porosity, with fine/normal strands. I've been noticing a few coarse strands over the last year or two, may be relevant to hormones.
    On second inspection I'm not so sure about the density part. I can still see plenty of scalp when I part my hair. I may just have an average density.

• shamarsimmonsshamarsimmons Posts: 45Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @CurlyJK 
    You probably do have normal density. My hair density is very low. You can clearly see my scalp in any photo. 
    @CurlyJK 
    You probably do have normal density. My hair density is very low. You can clearly see my scalp in any photo. 
    Honestly, curl clumping is probably making your hair look a lot thinner than it actually is. I bet if you grew your hair a bit longer you wouldn't be able to tell.
    @CurlyJK

You could be possibly right. But if you look at the back of my head, my hair is very low density. Also, I've spoken with stylists at Ouidad Salon, and customer care at Deva Curl and they explained to me that my hair is low density and fine. Now, as you mentioned, my hair does clump very much even without me putting products in it, so do have any way to make my curls more, no so much clumping together?
    @CurlyJK

You could be possibly right. But if you look at the back of my head, my hair is very low density. Also, I've spoken with stylists at Ouidad Salon, and customer care at Deva Curl and they explained to me that my hair is low density and fine. Now, as you mentioned, my hair does clump very much even without me putting products in it, so do have any way to make my curls more, no so much clumping together?
    The only thing I could suggest to remove clumping right now is brushing your hair out, because that would work for me. However, keep in mind I'm not an expert, so I'm not the right person to ask for a professional opinion.
    edited July 2018

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file