Perm Rod Set on Blown Out Hair

SummergreySummergrey Registered Users Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
edited June 2018 in Curly Hairstyles
So I want to do a perm rod set on blown out hair for an event I’m going to. But every tutorial I’ve seen online they do it with styling foam. I’ve never had success with styling foam and was thinking about trying it with my favorite styler that I use for my twist out, the Curls Creme Brûlée. Has anyone had success with a rod set WITHOUT foam or gel?

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    edited June 2018
    Welcome to CurlTalk!

It probably depends on the person's hair.  Some hair will hold a set with nothing, some hair needs more help.  Why don't you give it a try and see how it works for you?  Do a trial run before your event and see how it turns out.  You don't even have to do your whole head - just a section should be enough to see if it'll work for you.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I use flexirods on old brushed out hair. I spray lightly with water and wrap the hair. I only use my leave in and curl cream. No lotion, foam, or gel needed for me. You are allowed to break the rules. Best of luck and hope your event goes well!
  • CurledvinesCurledvines Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 60 Curl Connoisseur
    Styling foam is used to give hold in a lightweight way and for its ability to be well-distributed and quick-drying. You can use other stylers, just avoid putting so much that your hair will not dry (or use low heat drying with a hood like softhood.)
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file