I'm Feeling Blue Today...

LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
It's Father's Day & my dad passed away.  He passed on Father's Day 10 years ago.  I miss him so much.  Family was so important to him.  Both my daughters & all my grandchildren rented a cabin up north near a creek with trout.  I would love to be there with them.  Instead I am here alone.  I know it sounds bad, but I keep thinking of Jim spending time with all his kids & grandkids today.  I'm sure they are all coming over to his house to grill out & swim.  I remember Father's Day with him & his family.  He's with his wife now planning everything instead of me.  I miss family & being in a relationship.  I've turned into that old, lonely dog woman. 
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your father.  Mine is gone too - many many years ago.  I was only 12 when he died.  I still miss him.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GuardianBGuardianB Registered Users Posts: 1,905 Curl Connoisseur
    <hugs> Lotsa
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    edited June 2018
    HUGS, ladies. My father has been gone less than two years. But he'd had profound dementia for 20 yrs before he died due to a stroke. So it's like he was gone the entire time. I feel I missed out on a lot not having him to talk to. His input could have really helped a lot in my career (he was an HR director) and prbly also w/ men, too! Just in general. I couldn't stand him most of the time growing up but now I see we're very much alike. I have no one in Ohio (other than my kids) and my mother is off doing her own thing in FL. I feel like I have no family either. And I enjoyed being kind of a part of my exbf's family for the past 4 yrs. I get you, Lotsa. It's sad!

But you do have your daughter and her kids. Plus, the dogs. And free time. And all of your dating adventures. And so much more. Count your blessings! <3
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for the hugs everyone.  I feel better today.  It was nice snuggling with my doggies last night.  They kept me company.  You are right Spider.  I need to appreciate what I do have & yes our dating adventures.  ;)  After my divorce, my father's concern was me being single & alone.  He really wanted me to find a good man to take care of me.  He worried about me.  I always told him I was fine.  
    From Michael Berg:

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I"m so sorry.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    ((((Lotsa)))) These special days are always hard when you've lost someone.

3b in South Australia.
  • curlywawycurlywawy Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 6 Curl Neophyte
    Hmm.. i'm sorry  <3
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    {{ Hugs }}. Lotsa-pal !!

When I am blue , I usually read prayer & poetry  books.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file