New/Returning, help on determining hair type?

taffynishataffynisha Posts: 3Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My hair has really been through the ringer, I've chemically straightened it, bleached it, box dyed it, and have used some kind of heat (blow dryer or flat iron) on it every time I washed it for the past 3 years. I now have tons and breakage, and my hair is thinning out completely. It's gotten to the point that if I don't start wearing my hair natural and embracing it, I might honestly just lose all of it. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out my hair type (guessing it's some type of 2?) and some good products for that hair type to restore my hair back to some level of healthy. So far what I'm using is: Carol's daughter rhassoul clay shampoo/conditioner, and just using Not your mother's Tahitian curl defining combing cream. Not really using any gels/stylers yet or a deep conditioner. Should I change things up/add new products? Thanks so much for all your help :)

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,490 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Welcome!  You have some beautiful waves!  It looks like maybe a 2A/2B right now.  But your straighter parts will probably curl up more as it gets healthier.  You can try taking the Texture Quiz for more information

Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,634Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome!  Your hair is gorgeous. If you can stop all the mistreatment and try some deep treatments, that might help.  Check out this article: https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/conditioning-curly-hair-care-methods/5-tips-for-deep-conditioning-your-waves-bi

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • socurlssocurls Posts: 186Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    you have beautiful wavy hair !  :o 
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file