I have Uneven hair, what can i do to fix this?

raquellondonraquellondon Posts: 20Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Before anyone says cut or trim your hair, it's not that. My left side of my head grows longer hair than the right side of my head of hair. Maybe it's genetics or it's normal I do not know. But what do you guys think? If you have any suggestions leave them below.

Best Answer

• curlyscoutcurlyscout Posts: 13 Curl Novice
    Accepted Answer
    Some hair does grow unevenly and that’s perfectly normal! My top layer grows way slower than my bottom layer of hair. I would just suggest trimming the side of hair that grows faster more regularly than the other side. You can go to the salon or simply trim it yourself. If you don’t want to do that you could get layers in your hair to blend the section with the rest of your hair. I hope these tips help!🙂

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    My hair grows unevenly too! I have this one crazy piece that always grows to be about 2" longer than the corresponding piece on the other side. I have a pair of hair shears in the bathroom and I just cut it off when it gets long. 

And then the nape doesn't grow at all, so that's a whole other problem. 

In other words, yes, I think it's normal!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Does it grow differently or just look like it because of your curl pattern?  If is is curl pattern, you can try something like skip curl (twist it around your finger, there is an article on NC about it) to make it curlier to match the rest of your hair.

I have a wonky spot that shrinks more than the rest of my hair.

2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Here's that Skip Curl article @WavyKfromNJ mentioned. This is the method I use every day. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited June 2018
    I have a piece of hair in the back of my head that grows faster. It makes my hair look so stringy at the bottom once it gets so long. It's either curl pattern or you have an overachieving side of your head.
    Edit: It could also be that you sleep on one side and that stretches out the curl there making it look longer. Just a thought.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file