Please help me to grow out a bad haircut and deal with the consequences

ievuteuteievuteute Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited June 2018 in Growing out
Hello. I have been transitioning for the past 5 years and recently have cut my hair into a short bob just for a change. I lost all of my curl pattern and am freaking out. I feel like I have lost a part of myself, my hair is almost straight no matter what I do. In the past, my hair used to be 2b at the top and then 3a at the bottom, that is why I think that maybe if I grow out my hair the curls will bounce back? I am so confused. Looking for any explanations and also help for promoting hair growth ASAP. ( Sorry for poor English, I am trying my best )

Comments

• ievuteuteievuteute Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Here is a photo of how my hair looks like now and how it was before the cut with no product on.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hair texture changes throughout your life. It could be that your texture changed. It looks 2c. It could also be products and styling technique since you made a big change. Try using less products. Also I've heard from other sources around that layers and thinning the hair can make one lose the curl. Try clarifying just in case with a sulfate shampoo. Give it some time, and they may come back.
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Some hair needs length to get the curl going.  In you picture with the long hair you don't have much curl at the roots, so you may just need that length to get those awesome curls.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file