What is my hair texture? I'm so confused about my hair! help

KonekoxxKonekoxx Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 6 Curl Neophyte
I just started transitioning from heat 3 months ago and I'm suffering from heat damage mostly on the crown of my head...ig? but my bleached hair has grown out a lot and my new growth around my crown is looser than the rest. Then the rest of my hair is wonky I could insert a photo because its hair to explain, but on top of that my hair is very uneven also I don't know what kinds of products to use that won't make my hair crunchy, matted or stiff but will give the crown its curl definition. I won't give up on my golden locks yet! please help. if anyone wants to know my routine then please feel free to ask and also for photos

Answers

• socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 204 Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, tell us a bit about your routine, it will be easier for us to give you some advises! :smile: And yes a photo if you want 
    The heat damage do not leave like this in just a few months, especially if you did it for several years... 
    We must be patient with our hair, but it's worth it in the end  :) 
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls
  • KonekoxxKonekoxx Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 6 Curl Neophyte
    edited June 2018
    I try to wash my hair at least every other week, but I try co-wash every week and after every wash I deep condition then I use my conditioner as my leave in and use eco styler black castor or the argon oil. Too much product makes my hair crunchy and stiff.   I've always wanted to go natural but I never knew how. I'm ready for this hair journey! :smiley:
  • socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 204 Curl Connoisseur
    You have nice hair ! I'm a little bit jealous Ahah
    I would love to have your volume, and this color ! <3

The curls below are rather healthy and not too damaged, it is mostly the hair on the top .. For that I think you would need to take a little more care at least once a week : bath of oil (mix of castor and sesame for example) it will feed the hair from the inside and soften the damaged hair fiber. 

And if you have a hairdresser who know how to take care of curly hair in your corner also a good cut would be perfect !
    Even just the end of the curls that are too stiff, it will do them good !
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls
    edited June 2018
    Thank you, haha. My hair has been through a lot! I'm still trying to find products, specifically a leave in, that won't wear my hair down and make it stiff but also give me the hold I need especially for my transitioning parts. Sorry for not getting back for a while, life gets hectic 
    And Idk but in the back, I have either a bald spot or something but my hair has a strange gap in the back left part. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file