How can I sucessfully remove my Keratin Treatment?

Egirl10Egirl10 Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello
So, I have had a regular Keratin Treatment every 6 months for about 2 and a half years, but recently I've wanted to go back to my curly hair, specifically a type 3b.

I've tried various methods found on youtube and recommended by some friends; applied various things such as oil and eggs on my hair, and in a way it worked, making the hairs near the front part of my head curly, but the rest is still straight.

Is there a better way to remove the treatment? Should I apply various things or stick to one method? I've heard that washing my hair with sea salt and shampoo that has a lot of sodium chloride would help, would that work too?

I would really appreciate your help 

Best Answer

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 321 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    Did your stylist tell you it was permanent or temporary? There are supposedly two kinds because one lady reported that her stylist made her hair permanently straight when she only wanted a temp. The thing about keratin treatments are that they are a perm of sorts even though the marketing does not indicate that. I would avoid washing your hair with salt as that sounds way too abrasive and harsh. It may work temporarily due to salt being a drying agent which can cause texture (see sea salt/texturizing sprays). Try washing your hair with sulfate shampoos being sure to follow up with deep conditioners. If it's temporary, it will eventually wash out hopefully. If not, you will unfortunately need to transition.

Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,140Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You could contact your stylist and ask her if she knows how to remove the treatment or if it is even possible.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file