Similar Product to Jessicurl Spiralicious Styling Gel?

Blissy101Blissy101 Registered Users Posts: 12 Curl Neophyte
edited June 2018 in Hair Type 4
Hey yall! After relaxing my hair, transitioning(out of boredom), and hiding my natural hair under weaves and wigs for the past 4 years I'm back! Just a little background I was natural most of my life and have never quite found products that made my natural 4C hair pop...until the jessicurl spiralicious styling gel! This product doesnt necessarily give me much hold, but man, the definition I get and the managability of my hair after applying it makes me want to spend it all! My only problem is that its extremely expensive at $17 per 8oz bottle. Before you guys ban me for seemingly advertising, this is not what this is 😅 I am a broke college student looking for cheaper alternatives. What I noticed this product does is that upon application it makes my hair feel wet(with the slightest bit of a stickiness) and smooth, in contrast to a lot of other popular natural hair gels that have a more noticably sticky and creamy application than anything. I don't know why, but I think this is what makes it work on my hair as a styling product and was wondering if anyone had any type of recommendation for a more affordable product with similar properties. My high puffs will thank you! 

EDIT: Just to clarify, I know I said the product makes my hair feel wet, but I have already tried and water still can't replace it lol(funny thing is sometimes even water doesnt make my hair feel as "wet")

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't know of any subsitutes per se, but I would try looking for gels that have polyquat 69 high on the ingredients list. I think this is the ingredient that is giving your hair that wet, smooth feeling. It is the second ingredient in Spiralicious.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file