So I noticed on my hairline I have a bald spot!

RandomBlueToriRandomBlueTori Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

I noticed yesterday that I have a bald spot! I normally wear my hair up in two buns on my head. Could the tension be causing this? What would help regrow that part? Any products I could use?

Comments

• socurlssocurls Posts: 124Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Dabbler
    edited June 1
    You should apply a little bit of castor oil on it ..
    It will help stimulate the growth in the hair bulb and revive and soften the scalp. 
    Maybe even make a synergy with essential oils like: castor oil and essential peppermint oil to speed up a little regrowth  :) 
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,312Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Hi there and welcome to CurlTalk!  So glad you've joined us.  Sorry to see your thin spot.  Here's an article you might find helpful. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 335Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It could be traction. Keep an eye on it and don't be afraid to see a doctor in case it is a symptom of a larger problem. DiscoCurls on Youtube has successfully regrown her edges using a dermaroller. That is an option if you are willing. I'm sorry to hear about this, and I hope it grows back quickly.
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 567Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Try some Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I have a similar issue and just bought some by SheaMoisture today at Target. In the meantime, leave your hair alone without buns and/or tight ponytails/protective styles. Good luck! 
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file