Sulfate Clarifying Shampoo with No Silicones?

jennartistwriterjennartistwriter Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello!

I have been struggling with tons of problems with my hair (dry, brittle, increased shed, you name it), and I am pretty sure i have low porosity, protein-sensitive hair and that right now I am dealing with protein overload. 

I am going to use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle or the Jessicurl deep conditioner to get more moisture into my hair, but curious about a clarifying shampoo first? I saw the recommendation to use one with sulfates and no silicones. Any suggestions? If you know of one I can use while also having seborrheic dermatitis (something with tea tree oil most likely), that would be awesome. 

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,102Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I like the Neutrogena anti residue one a lot. I am about to purchase Generic Value Products knock off Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Shampoo to use as a clarifying shampoo. It does have one silicone but it's water soluble so most likely included to make the product feel good in your hands.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,523Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I like the Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo. It is very simple, with no silicones. But I'm not sure if the preservatives would be irritating to your scalp.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • MamaJTBMamaJTB Posts: 27Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    Hi! I don’t know that you should specifically be searching for a clarifying shampoo with sulfates, especially if you’re suffering from dryness and/or if you happen to be color treated.  I like Ouidad’s Superfruit Renewal Clarifying Cream Shampoo.  It’s sulfate-free, color safe, silicone free, and protein free.  It works with fruit acids that dissolve the build-up, so I don’t know if that would be irritating to your sensitive skin.  Ouidad is a little pricier, but you can buy/return from Ulta if you have a store nearby. :)
    2C/3A, low porosity, thin density, color treated, protein sensitive
  • KestrelMKestrelM Posts: 15Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    I know this sounds crazy, but try swimmers shampoos. They are meant to be clarifying but very few have silicones. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file