Toddler with curly hair and I’m lost

Lizmc1779Lizmc1779 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
got some devacurl stuff. She hasn’t had a haircut yet so it’s a lot of mullet. Only washing 2x a week. Tips? Everyone in my family has straight hair so I’m am flying blind here.

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    She has really pretty hair. The good thing about being a kid is no one (should) judge her based on her hair, so no need to commit to the full curly girl method that you may see around here. If you have DevaCurl, hopefully you have low poo and a good conditioner. Use a light leave in after the shower like As I Am Leave In or one of the Cantu or Shea Moisture Kids Line since they are typically lighter in weight. That alone should make her hair manageable. Don't brush it when it's dry unless you want a baby lion mane or are putting it up for the day. Best of luck! She will appreciate her mother learning about her hair unlike some of us who grew up traumatized and hating.
  • Lizmc1779Lizmc1779 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks. Trying to get a routine down so that hopefully she always loves it (I know I can’t control that!). 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome @Lizmc1779! We're glad you're here.  Your daughter's hair is beautiful. The color is spectacular!  I dug up this article about curly kids' hair that might be helpful. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file