How to respond to comments?

Robbie BethRobbie Beth Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte

Hello all;

Just getting back to being part of this fabulous site. What's the right way to respond to comments from others on posts I have made?  

Thanks! :)

Answers

• Marci PieMarci Pie Registered Users Posts: 668 Curl Connoisseur

I think it depends. It may me impossible to respond if you don't go back to the post and you didn't have a question. I check if I posed a question, as I want to thank those that have answered.

I don't respond to those just commenting. I hope I made sense and I understood your question.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
  • Robbie BethRobbie Beth Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
    Marci Pie said:

I think it depends. It may me impossible to respond if you don't go back to the post and you didn't have a question. I check if I posed a question, as I want to thank those that have answered.

I don't respond to those just commenting. I hope I made sense and I understood your question.

Thank you for answering. I guess what I'm asking is how in any given forum, how to respond to individuals directly. Thanks!
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    You can use the @ and then their user name, @Robbie Beth. I've seen you respond to me and Gretchen on one of your posts. I don't think there is a rule of etiquette on it.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    If you're asking how to respond directly to a particular reply instead of a general reply, there isn't any way to do that.  If you want to make sure someone sees your reply, then use the @ and their username.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 204 Curl Connoisseur
    I have a little problem i can't post any new discussion.. i had a little question.. but i can't :( 
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    @socurls are you getting some kind of error message?  what is happening when you push "new discussion"?
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • socurlssocurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 204 Curl Connoisseur
    @tinksaybooyes but it just worked thank you ! !  <3  😃
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls
  • lani8304lani8304 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 7 Curl Neophyte
    I am also confused by this, because I have created an account but it is not letting my post discussions or ask questions... not sure what I'm doing wrong but any advice would be appreciated!
  • curly01curly01 Registered Users Posts: 96 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't see any "new discussion" tab on my page anymore??  And what's with all the ads that take up the entire page??  I have this TINY little window to read posts and the upper and lower are FILLED UP with ads! :(
  • curly01curly01 Registered Users Posts: 96 Curl Connoisseur
    lani8304 said:
    I am also confused by this, because I have created an account but it is not letting my post discussions or ask questions... not sure what I'm doing wrong but any advice would be appreciated!

Same with me.  And the ADS! VERY annoying
  • Miso907Miso907 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I am also flummoxed about asking questions. I see the "New Discussions" button on the right-hand side of the screen but it doesn't do anything when I click on it. I'm a new convert to embracing my texture and I have no idea what I'm doing. I have all the questions. Thank you in advance!
  • hair_struggles_10101hair_struggles_10101 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    HELP!!!!! I have a big question on my newly starting type 2b hair (developing completely out of the blue from stick straight in a stick straight family) but I don't know how to make a post!!!!!! How do I do that?
  • hair_struggles_10101hair_struggles_10101 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    HELP!!!!! I have a big question on my newly starting type 2b hair (developing completely out of the blue from stick straight in a stick straight family) but I don't know how to make a post!!!!!! How do I do that?
    Also, I am having the same problem with having too many adds
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    @hair_struggles_10101, the site has a ton of bugs right now. The people in charge of the site have not made it a priority to fix the bugs. If you want to ask a question, I think the only thing you can do is reply to an existing post. I wish I had a better answer for you. The moderator has contacted Naturally Curly, and I have also emailed them, but we are unfortunately being ignored. There is a curly board on Reddit, if you want to try elsewhere.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • l.gracel.grace Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I am having the same problem. I have a few questions I would like to discuss in the community, but can't really find preexisting threads that either cover the same problem or are recent (i.e. the posts I am finding are from 2009, etc. Thinking that may mean people may not see it?). Any suggestions other than waiting until the bugs are fixed? I have the "New Discussion" button, but all that happens when I click it is that my page jumps to the very top. Ads are also gigantic on my screen. Hoping NaturallyCurly isn't intended to look like that.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm still not able to post a discussion! I used to be a very active member and I got so frustrated I left for a while. Came back and still can't post or participate! What happened?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • AnneladdAnneladd Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    How do I ask a question to the community
  • AnneladdAnneladd Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    Best hair gel for 3b??????
  • David223David223 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 6 Curl Neophyte
    Haven't been on this website in a while as well and was wondering how you post a thread?? I try clicking on the new discussion bar on the right hand corner, but nothing happens. Can someone try to help? Thank you.
  • ArianaxxArianaxx Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I cannot post anything on this site - there is no button, nothing anywhere for me to write a post - how do I do that? Please, help :(
  • RedTigerRedTiger Registered Users Posts: 8 Curl Novice
    @Arianaxx unfortunately it seems the site is still ridiculously buggy. I don't think there's a way to write new posts that is currently consistently working. I had been a CurlTalk member for years and the problems have just been getting worse, not better. :( It's really sad because this used to be such a great resource and a fun site, but the bugs make it frustrating, not fun. I'm still hopeful it will get better eventually, since clearly there are still those of us who care and new folks who want to participate!
    CG method, 3b, low porosity
    co-wash: VO5 or Suave coconut conditioner
    conditioner: Jessicurl too shea extra moisturizing conditioner
    styler: Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture coconut & hibiscus curl smoothie
    weekly cleanser: currently experimenting with some DIY recipes 
    weekly deep conditioner: Jessicurl deep conditioning treatment
    "protein treatment" (about once a month): SheaMoisture manuka honey & mafura oil intensive hydration masque

• yourlittleponyyourlittlepony Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    Yes, I also can't start a new topic. Too bad, have been lurking for ages and finally registered to be able to post a few questions. :(
  • BlazerBlazer Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    Cant start a discussion anyone help at all
  • Wardaa12Wardaa12 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    How to start discussion and where ? 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • SalyenkaSalyenka Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    @Blazer @Warda12, Same here,registered a few days ago but still can't find how to ask a question :o
  • BeachLoverInNMBeachLoverInNM Registered Users Posts: 23 Curl Novice
    I added a comment to a discussion but it came out all unformatted. How do I edit the comment? Used to be possible once upon a time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file