Hello all, it's been a few YEARS, lol.

Robbie BethRobbie Beth Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

Good day all! I have not posted on this site for while, but have referenced it, and know I know it's the best. :)

I've gone back and forth with caring well for my hair, and am just ready to see healthy curls once again. Here are some pictures just now.  I believe I have 2B hair. SO very sorry for massive close ups. Could not find how to resize.

Not sure whether to ask this here or not, but am wondering if anyone uses straight up EVOO or CO to deep condition. If so, exactly how? Do you wet your hair first? I need some help!

Thank you all!

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You look like you have 2c maybe a few 2b. ASsfar as deep conditioning, I always use a store bought one or a mixture of conditioner, honey, and aloe vera. You can use oil to pre poo if you like, but I get the most moisture from store bought ones for three reasons: 1) They are specifically formulated to hydrate the hair 2) They rinse out without shampoo and 3) leaving some in doesn't make my hair look oily. I read somewhere (maybe science-y hair blog?) to use pre-poo and oil on dry hair.
  • Robbie BethRobbie Beth Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

Thank you so much BrittanyM! All this makes sense. That's what I figured my hair type was. Will def look into store bought DC. Using CO is making my hair too greasy.

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @Robbie Beth!  Welcome back!  So glad you're re-joining us. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Robbie BethRobbie Beth Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Gretchen said:
    Hi @Robbie Beth!  Welcome back!  So glad you're re-joining us. 
    Thanks TONS Gretchen!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file