My hair is heavy?

NedaaNedaa Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
I’ve noticed that my hair is not bouncy and lacking volume. It looks like a heavy sheep’s wool which doesn’t move that much.
unfortunately, I have a super busy schedule and I can’t spend a long time on my hair but it’s so heavy that it actually pulls my hair enough to straighten the roots. I don’t know what to do to acheive those bouncy, volumized curls? (P.s. I tried clipping the roots and my hair dried with an indentation in place of the clip, and that’s it)

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    You can put clips in later when your hair is about 50% dry or around that and it won't leave the indentikns. i find if I put them in too wet, they leave indentions. Another option is to seek a curly expert stylist. By your profile pic, it seems your hair is thick enough to handle short layers that will help with volume as well. Best of luck!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Is it always like that or is it a recent development.  Have you clarified lately?  You may have a buildup issue.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Perhaps try using a lighter conditioner and styler.  You may have to buy another product for a lighter conditioner, but if you don't want to do that, try using less.  A lighter conditioner made a big difference for me. Good luck - please post back and let us know the results.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Registered Users Posts: 668 Curl Connoisseur
    It sounds like you need to clarify and start with a "clean blank slate". I agree with using a lighter styler. Also do not put a lot of product on the roots. I would also suggest diffusing upside down when your hair is dry except at the roots.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    @Nedaa, welcome!  On the good side, a lot of curlies would love to have your thick, heavy hair. 
    Maybe try some of the ladies' suggestions and then let us know!  

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • NedaaNedaa Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Hello ladies! Thank you so much for your help.. I tried putting on less product and I ended up with frizz so I’ll try to get a lighter product and a diffuser and start with an acid rinse maybe and try again.. you practically saved my curls ❤️
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Any updates? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file