Has anyone tried Ouidad Advanced Climate Control gel?

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I often use the regular Ouidad Climate Control gel because it seems to resist humidity better than Curlisto (which is the only other gel I currently have).  So, I'm wondering about the new "Advanced" Climate Control. I usually feel if it ain't broke don't fix it ... so hoping the new gel is as good or better than the old one.  Also, if you use the Climate Control gel, how do you feel it stacks up against other gels?  My biggest problem in summer is losing definition and becoming horribly poufy due to high dew points.  I have 2c/3a hair, highly porous.  
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I tried it.  I liked it.

However, I am not a regular gel user, so I really can't compare it to other gels.  After I had great success with the Ouidad gel, I did try some other cheapo gels that I had laying around.  I did not have as much success with the other gels as I had with the Ouidad, but since I am not a regular gel user it could have been my technique or that Ouidad gel is just so much better.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for chiming in WavyK. I actually met Ouidad and disliked her so much that for a while I avoided trying anything from that line, but after I did try the Climate Control gel I had to admit it was better than any other that I had tried.  She's a nasty person but she sure makes good products!
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    @curlypearl, I just had a Ouidad cut yesterday, and my stylist told me that Ouidad sold the Ouidad product line...so she might not be making any money off you after all. ;) In fact, reading between the lines, it sounds like Ouidad herself not having control over the products anymore had something to do with the first reformulation of the Climate Control Gel (the reformulation that a lot of people hated).

My stylist told me that the new (Advanced) formulation does appear to be better than the one that it is replacing, though she thinks the very first one was superior. 
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Therese1, that's interesting.  I ordered a small sample of the new formula from Ulta, but I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school, so ... we'll see.  Anyway, glad that witch isn't making any money off of me (ha ha!).  She was so nasty it was frightening.  Thanks for letting me know!
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My stylist said that the Ouidad company should take a lesson from Coke and change back to the original formula! 
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file