what products should i use?

raquellondonraquellondon Posts: 20Registered Users Curl Neophyte
edited May 2018 in Growing out

This is my hair after it was in cornrows, I know its thick and black but I'm not sure if I have 3c or 4a hair. Another issue I have is my hair is dry and so is my scalp as well. The second issue I have is hair growth, so if anyone with hair like mine knows some tricks and tips for us thick curly girls that will be fine. And the last issue that doesn't bother me so much is one side of my hair grows faster than the other side, is there any way I can speed up the progress on my right side of my hair.

Main issue #1
3c or 4a? I don't know

Main issue #2
dry hair/scalp 

Main issue #3
hair growth/ speed up the progress

much love, Raquel.

Best Answer

• Marci PieMarci Pie Posts: 668 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    I would say your hair is 3c. I would recommend deep conditioning and doing a steam treatment weekly to get moisture back into your hair. For product suggestions, go to the 3 c section to see what those curlies are using. 

I would suggest using a leave-in conditioner and a styler like a gel or cream depending on your styler preference.

Below is my old school steam regimen:

You will need:

2 turbie turbans from the Dollar Store

2 plastic caps

1 pair of rubber gloves

Deep conditioner of your choice

After co-washing or shampoo (loo or no) put a deep conditioner in your hair.

Wet 2 turbies and microwave in a bowl for 10 minutes.

Wring out the turbies using the rubber gloves.

Wrap hair with first turbie

Cover turbie with plastic cap

Repeat with second turbie and plastic cap

In the end you will have turbie, plastic cap, turbie, and plastic cap.

Sit under hair dryer for 20 minutes.

Rinse and style hair as usual.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.

Answers

• raquellondonraquellondon Posts: 20Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the advice, but what about the other two issues? 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file