What type of hair do I have?

Klaus92Klaus92 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
edited May 2018 in Feedback
So I recently had a HUGE chop! My hair was by my hips and now just above my bra strap. I cut it because my long hair was too heavy and my curls wouldn’t curl and if they did they would only be curly for a few hours. Now, even after the chop my hair seems to do the same! I use sulfate free products and diffuse my hair. My hair looks AMAZING for about an hour or so and then my curls droop! What am I doing wrong? Please help!
PS: Don’t mind the filters, I don’t really take much pictures 

Best Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I think maybe your hair is 3A (?).

The reason your curls do not hold might be because it sounds like you are not using a styling product. Many curlies have to use a hard-hold gel to hold the curls all day. After the gel is dry, if your hair looks "wet," you can scrunch out the crunch with your hands so that the gel no longer gives that wet look. You should just be left with well-defined curls.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Kinky Curly-Coily MeganKinky Curly-Coily Megan Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 67 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    Your hair is beautiful! I will guess 3a, but you could take the hair type quiz on NaturallyCurly.com. You will also find out about styling products for your hair type and porosity. Hope this helps! 

Answers

• Klaus92Klaus92 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    Thank you ladies! I will look into the right styling products.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Your hair is gorgeous! Did you ever take the Texture Quiz

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file