Hair care products without a multitude of chemicals?

bellamichellebellamichelle Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello, I get an itchy scalp fairly easily when I use hair products and try to use products with the fewest chemicals.  I do know that people can have a reaction to natural ingredients too, and I test my reaction to them if I develop a new irritation response when trying something new. And of the chemicals regularly used in many shampoos, conditioners and finishing products, when you consult a reliable resource for the allergic reaction or chemical reaction at a site such as EWG.com you can see that of the many chemicals used these days, there are too many that are well know irritants and some even dangerous.  

I am hoping other members here might use or wish to use some more ‘clear’ products as I try to do, to keep my scalp happy, and can share what brands you have found to work well and be more dermatology friendly.

Thank you for any experience you can share here.  I am guessing I am not alone in this quest.

Michelle

Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,260Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I tend to use a lot of "green" products. My favorite line is Intelligent Nutrients. I have used almost all of their hair products at one time or another. They are kind of pricey, though. But I think you get what you pay for.

I have also used products from Innersense, Giovanni, Avalon, John Masters, and Sevi. Now that my hair is sensitive to protein, I have a lot harder time finding products that work and have had to branch out into more chemical-laden ones.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • bellamichellebellamichelle Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Therese1 said:
    I tend to use a lot of "green" products. My favorite line is Intelligent Nutrients. I have used almost all of their hair products at one time or another. They are kind of pricey, though. But I think you get what you pay for.

I have also used products from Innersense, Giovanni, Avalon, John Masters, and Sevi. Now that my hair is sensitive to protein, I have a lot harder time finding products that work and have had to branch out into more chemical-laden ones.
    Thank you Therese, I’ll check these products out.  I appreciate your time and wisdom ;-)

Michelle

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file