Help me! My hair begs you

Kmri13Kmri13 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
edited May 2018 in Transitioning
Hey guys, i started my tail hair journey in October; and so far I’m failing. I have a white mom and never had much help in my type of hair aspect. As of January I started working at Sally’s so recently I’ve been exploring products but I don’t even know my hair type. I’ve relaxed it ever 3 months since i was 8! So my roots are tight curls opposed to my ends and half my hair is straight and other parts are wavy. I don’t know how to style it at night. I don’t know how to make a routine. I also have to wet it everyday in order to style. I’m struggling and just need some curly experts.

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  My daughter (who's white) adopted a girl with 4C hair, so she's had to learn all about her hair!   She's gone to the relaxing and braiding route, rather that try to deal with her natural texture.  Maybe one day Bella will want to embrace her natural hair.

My hair is more in the 2 category, so I don't have much help for you.  But for nighttime, you can pineapple your hair if it's long enough.  If it's not, then try some kind of wrap with a silk scarf, or a do-rag, or even use a buff.  It's important for all curlies to protect their hair at night. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Here is a good place to start:  https://www.naturallycurly.com/where-to-begin

Also see if you can get your hands on the Curly Girl book.  Check your local library, mine has the ebook I can download from home.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, @Kmri13!  Happy you've joined us. 

There's lots of good info here, too, that you might want to check out:  https://curltalk.naturallycurly.com/discussion/101426/ton-of-useful-information-for-new-curlies#latest 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    I would not be too concerned that some of you hair is wavy & some is curly.  I am not a fan of curl typing when it comes to hair care.  (I think curly pattern is more important for styling). 

The best thing to do is figure out if your hair is high, medium or low porostiy?  Is you hair fine, medium or course?  Do you need moisture or protein or both?  Once you figure out what your hair needs and treat it properly, you may find your hair curling more.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file