Is it ok to put my hair up as I start this process?

Startedlifeasafrizzy3BStartedlifeasafrizzy3B Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello all,

I am going to start this process, I have purchased all the necessary products.  I am a solid 3B.  I am 46 and in the healthcare field, is it counterproductive to keep my hair up through this process?  Has anyone got any experience or insight?

Thank you in advance for any insight on anything!  I’m competely new at this, amazying I know at 46, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

Leah

Answers

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It is OK to put your hair up.  Just be careful what you use to put your hair up with.  Don't use the pony tail holders with the metal part.  Many are partial to those that look like old fashioned telephone cords.  Watch out for clips that can catch your hair (and not let go).
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Absolutely. I consider updos to be a sort of protective styling. I would not have made it through without my plethora of updos to save me from less than ideal looking hair.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I often have my hair up when the curls get limp and I don't have time to wash. There is something called a hair bungee that is good for putting more voluminous curls in a ponytail. I think you should be fine as long as you change up your updo every now and then.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • SpicyPapitasSpicyPapitas Posts: 18Registered Users Curl Novice
    I would also emphasize not pulling the hair too tightly from the scalp. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file