Where do I begin?!

CurlyMess8703CurlyMess8703 Posts: 18Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I am just starting out with the curly girl method and I’m so lost! Can someone help?? I believe I have 2b/2c hair, low porosity very thick course hair. Where do I start and what products do you use? I’m trying to ditch my bun, I’ve started losing my hair due to traction alopecia, and trying to embrace my natural hair and have no clue where to start!

Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have hair that is very different from yours, so I can't recommend actual products, but I would suggest reading RockynCurls' blog and checking our her YouTube channel. She has thick 2b/2c hair, though I think hers is higher porosity.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, @CurlyMess8703!  We're so glad you've joined us.  You might enjoy reading @Wildberry's story ... she got beautiful waves in one week. 

You definitely want to ditch the bun!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlyMess8703CurlyMess8703 Posts: 18Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you! I have checked out all of rockyncurls videos and blog posts! I’m going to try some of the products she has recommended,  how do I find wild Berry’s story?
  • CurlyMess8703CurlyMess8703 Posts: 18Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited May 2018
    Do you think my hair is still a 2c pattern?? My hair recently got cut...and I’ve lost all my waves it use to be a lot wavier/curly...I cut and donated 13 1/2 inches off to Pantene’s Beautiful lengths. And since then my hair hasn’t been the same :(@Gretchen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file