Why Only My Bang Is Straight?

curlyhildacurlyhilda Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi Girls! I have fine blond curly hair. I can say it is 3A. I didn't have so much heat damage, but I always used pretty bad products over the years, and I didn't know how to protect or even handle my natural curl. The only thing I did is I had bang for long long years, and I styled it almost every day. The last two years I didn't do it but it is still really really weak, straight or lightly wavy. I started my natural hair care around 2 month before, I know it takes time, but is it still hope to have my bang curly, or forget it...?<br>Thank you so much for your answer! :smile:

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  The bangs area gets the most amount of manipulation - finger combing, brushing it out of your eyes, etc.  It might be that that area is just dryer than the rest.  I would spend more time babying that part of your hair, especially during conditioning and applying styling products.  I don't have bangs cut, but that same section is the same way - it really wants to go straight.  But if I give it more conditioner and really work it in, I get some nice ringlets.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk, @curlyhilda! Like @Guide 65 said — condition, condition, condition! 
    Keep us posted on your progress and post photos if you like!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    3a hair is typically straighter closer to the roots, so that may be your problem.  just to with it.  maybe clip it to side while drying????

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It may be that the area where your bangs are is a looser curl pattern (most of us have a mix of curl patterns on our heads), or the hair density there might be lower, which can have the visual effect of a looser curl pattern. I have straighter pieces by my face, and what has been helping recently is to apply a little extra gel to that area.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlyhildacurlyhilda Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Oh girls, thank you so much for the answer! :)
    I will try much more condition. I also planned to take some photos how it is looking now. I hope conditioning will help for itchy scalp also. It is itchy only there, so I really need to take care that part much more than all of the others. :)
    One more question. I am from Central Eu, so here we have so many different products like what you can find here. Does anyone have any idea what is the best page to order, or did you find a topic about this before? 
    Thanks again, and I hope you have a great curly day! :)
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Eurocurlies, can anyone recommend some good places where @curlyhilda can order products? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • socurlssocurls Posts: 204Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I live in France, I advise you the products "Coslys", there are everywhere in Europe but only in the organic store.

It's really very good brand and the products are.. perfect ! the composition is perfect in every way (vegetal, without silicones very nourishing ..) and there is for all types of hair ..  :) 
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file